Tuesday, December 13, 2011

my budding artist

“It took me four years to paint like Raphael, but a lifetime to paint like a child.”
― Pablo Picasso

i've been inspired to make more use of our art supplies.
let me rephrase that...
i've been inspired to let my children make more use of our art supplies.
i craft and create all the time...
but my overwhelming urge to keep things tidy hinders my children from being creative with my stuff.
miss casey is fantastic at convicting me to let go of my controlling tendencies and let my kids create what they want to create.
check out this great video of her passion, here.
so, this morning, i pulled out the paint supplies and some fresh paper.
i gave baby H a brush and let her paint to her heart's desire!
i didn't even put a smock on her... because she was already wearing a bathing suit.
(gotta love 2 year old fashion sense!)
 watching her paint freely without reservation was beautiful.
 again, i'm learning through the eyes of a child.
“Every child is an artist. The problem is how to remain an artist once he grows up.” 
 Pablo Picasso

No comments: