Wednesday, April 11, 2012

i need it!

i'm back!
the blogging break was nice... and needed.
and i don't want to forget how it was to be without it... and the fact that i was fine.
great, even.
i don't want to be consumed again.
but jeez...
i feel like i need to "catch" up.
but i'm not gonna go hog wild.
baby steps.
(ha ha... that takes me back to the movie, 'what about bob?'... "baby steps... baby steps")
what did i do with the multitudes of time i spent away from blogs and facebook?
i wish i could say some awesome things... like i went and saved the world or something.
but alas, that wasn't so.
i played solitaire on my phone a bit more.
yes, i'm a loser.
i napped.
oops... should i have written that?
i researched stuff for our upcoming trip to italy/switzerland.
but i didn't do what i should have done.
yeah, i read my bible a little bit more...
but i didn't do what i intended to do.
i failed at that.
and that's too bad.
and i was hit by the reality of my mistake this morning as i read through this gem of a post:
this was a slap in the face, in a good way (if a slap in the face can be considered good).
i don't know if others struggle like this but i do.
i'm so busy... i'm so busy... i'm so busy.
i am.
yes.
i am busy.
but i still make time for things.
i make time for seeing my friends...
i make time for coffee...
i make time to shop...
i make time for my long runs...
i even make time for solitaire.
that is embarrassing.
most of my intentions are good, which makes it a sticky situation.
but neglecting to read my bible, basically neglecting to read the best guidebook ever...
not good.
so i needed that slap in the face.
and those of you that know me in real life... please hold me accountable.
you know who you are.
and if you want that accountability from me too... just tell me.
so yes, i'm back to blogging... reading and writing.
but i'm hoping it won't be taking me away from what i still need to do.
being a wife, a mom, a sister, a friend... and a child of my God.
let's keep encouraging one another to press on.
those tough days can get you down so fill yourselves up with the Word.
i promise you'll find encouragement and peace.
He promises it.

So don't get tired of doing what is good.  
Don't get discouraged and give up, for we will reap a harvest of blessing at the appropriate time.
Galatians 6:9


(i realize these pictures have nothing to do with the post... but they were too cute not to share)

1 comment:

Pamichen said...

I LOVE the pics! they are too cute to not share! ;o) I love how little H wanted so badly to kiss him...sulky face! hee hee.
glad you are back! xox